Sunday 12 December 2021

Blog Post #12 - Final Presentation Prompt

 My Relationship with Technology

My relationship with technology started when I was in elementary school. We had enhancement classes to go to and once a week would be computer lab days. I absolutely hated computer lab days because for some reason I always had the computer monitor that didn't work. It was the one monitor that wouldn't turn on or was the slowest in the class. The teacher would always get frustrated with me because I was the only student in the class who wasn't able to complete the task we were working on. 

Then in the 7th grade, my school provided MacBooks to every single student. And of course, the one I was given was the only one that didn't work. I spent more time in IT than I did in class. I saw technology as more of an inconvenience than a luxury. My relationship with technology improved when I received my first iPhone. I understood how to use it better because I didn't feel pressured in a classroom setting and my friends were learning how to use them as well. Fortunately, I never ran into any problems with my iPhone. Once I started college, I received my own personal computer. Currently, I enjoy technology since I rarely experience technological issues or go to IT for assistance. 

The Role of Media in my Life

Media is a very prominent feature in my life since I use it to keep up with all of my information. I receive daily updates from Apple News to keep up with current events since I don't read the paper. I also receive job updates and professional connections from LinkedIn and social updates from Instagram and Snapchat. 

My Digital Footprint 

My digital footprint can be found on Instagram and LinkedIn. These are the only two platforms where I have a profile set up online with my full name and contact information. Both profiles portray the same image of myself but the content is different. Both profiles give insight to different parts of my life. For example, LinkedIn will tell you what I'm involved with in school and any job updates. Instagram has updates of my social life, such as my family life. 

I have googled myself many times and all you will find connected to my name is a picture of my LinkedIn profile and a magazine that I was featured in while I was in high school. Other than that, a bunch of mugshots of Hispanic women will take over your browser. I always ensure that my digital footprint is clean and professional. 

Artificial Intelligence, Online Censorship, and Privacy

As I stated in my last blog post, artificial intelligence really does scare me and I'm very worried about our future. I think there is very much a possibility that technology will take over the world and they will outsmart us. I also believe that online censorship is a huge problem in our society. We are built on a nation of freedom and equality, but apparently it's only to an extent. I believe that everyone should be able to state their political beliefs online and in real life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #12 - Final Presentation Prompt

  My Relationship with Technology My relationship with technology started when I was in elementary school. We had enhancement classes to go ...